Current:LA water is looking for passionate art enthusiasts
Presented by the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs, CURRENT:LA Water Public Art Biennial uses contemporary art as a platform for the exchange of ideas around critical issues our city faces together. LA's Public Art Biennial runs July 16 – August 14 with shows by renown local and international artists.
CURRENT:LA Water is looking for passionate art enthusiasts to assist in Los Angeles’ first citywide Public Art Biennial taking place in summer, 2016. Get an insider's look at the exhibitions while educating others about the artists and their mission to create awareness about societal struggles we see in our city.
Volunteer Role & Responsibilities:
- Learn about the artist and the work to provide visitors with background about the exhibition.
- Learn about and provide information on the overall biennial, upcoming events, and artist/site locations.
- Welcomes and guides attendees to the artworks, assists with lighting and way finding when necessary.
- Check-in guests, manage event capacity, maintain grounds, and let Site Coordinator know if there are any problems.
- Assists with parking as necessary, identifies site needs, replaces items as necessary, and checks signage for repairs.
Time Commitment: Volunteers are asked to commit to the entire shift.
Requirements: Searching for those with an interest in and knowledge of art, and those who are passionate about civic advocacy, the environment, with an interest in volunteering management.
Benefits: Prime seating for the film, some free CURRENT:LA Water swag (t-shirt etc.), and plenty of water to keep you hydrated.